Siobhan Berry of MummyCooks.ie shares a delicious recipe for the whole family. This Lamb Curry is the perfect Summer dish for all of the family to enjoy!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 - Bay Leaves
400 g Chopped Tomatoes
3 cloves Garlic
1 tsp Ground Coriander
1.5 tbsp Ground Cumin
1 large Onion
1 - Red Chilli
1 kg SuperValu Diced Lamb
1 tsp SuperValu Fresh Ginger
1 tsp Turmeric
100 ml Vegetable Stock
- Heat a large pan with the olive oil and brown the lamb.
- Remove from the pan and set aside while you sauté the onions.
- Sweat down the onions for about 5-6 minutes before adding in the garlic and chili. Cook for a further 2 minutes and then add the ginger, cumin, coriander and turmeric.
- Add the lamb back into the pan along with the bay leaf, stock and tomatoes.
- Bring the mixture to the boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer with the lid off for 1 ½ - 2 hours until the meat is tender and the sauce has reduced.
- If you prefer a thicker sauce you can add in some corn flour at the very end.
For more great weaning/feeding advice, family friendly meals and information about how to feed your family healthy home cooked meals visit www.mummycooks.ie