Siobhan Berry of MummyCooks.ie shares a delicious recipe for the whole family. A healthy and nutritious family meal that doubles as a lunchbox filler for your child's food flask.
Serves: 4 people
50 g Butter
100 g Chopped Tomatoes
1 - Onion
1 handfull Parmesan Cheese
grated, plus extra to serve
250 g Risotto Rice
100 g Spinach
1 - SuperValu Courgette
1 litre Vegetable Stock
- Heat half the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and gently sauté for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the rice to the onion and stir until all of the rice has been coated by the butter.
- Add the stock in a ladle full at a time, stirring frequently, waiting until all of the stock has been absorbed by the rice before adding another ladle full.
- After about 10-15 minutes add the courgette, stir in well before continuing to add the stock.
- Once all of the stock has been added stir in the tomatoes. Wait until the juices from the tomatoes have absorbed before finally stirring in the spinach.
- Remove from the heat and add in the remaining butter along with a large handful of freshly grated parmesan.
For more great weaning/feeding advice, family friendly meals and information about how to feed your family healthy home cooked meals visit www.mummycooks.ie