Siobhan Berry of MummyCooks.ie shares a delicious family friendly meal.
Serves: 4 people
0 - Black Pepper
400 ml Coconut Milk
0 - Coconut Oil
or Olive Oil
1 tbsp Curry Powder
3 cloves Garlic
0 - Green Beans
4 - Mixed Fresh Fish Fillets
2 large Onions
0 - Salt
1 bulb SuperValu Fresh Ginger
minced or grated
1 tsp Turmeric
1 cup Wholemeal Rice
- Add the salt, pepper, and turmeric to a bowl. Add the diced fish and gently coat the fish in the spices taking care not to break up the fish.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and fry the fish until cooked through and slightly crispy taking care not to break the fish apart. Remove the fish and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in the pan and fry the garlic, ginger and onion and until soft and browned. Add the curry powder and stir to coat.
- Stir in the green beans and coconut milk. Bring the curry to the boil then reduce the heat to low.
- Add the fish, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
Suitable for your weaning baby from 4 months+ blended without the rice.
Serve as a finger food from 6 months+ with a carbohydrate such as rice or pitta bread.
For more family friendly recipes, visit www.mummycooks.ie