Our chickpea rolls are a great vegetarian alternative to traditional sausage rolls.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 - Carrots
1 tin Chickpeas
1 - Eggs
1 clove Garlic
0.5 - Onion
1 pack Puff Pastry
1 - SuperValu Courgette
1 tbsp SuperValu Oregano
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Line a baking tray with grease proof paper. Remove the pastry from the freezer and set aside.
- Add chickpeas, grated veg, onion and garlic to a food processor and blitz for 30-40 seconds.
- Transfer to a large bowl and cover. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile, roll out the pastry and cut down the middle into 2 long rectangular strips.
- Spread half the chickpea mix into a sausage shape over one half of the pastry. Roll the pastry over on itself. Using a fork, pinch the corners together to seal.*
- Brush with the beaten egg and cut each roll into 8 pieces. Transfer to the lined tray and bake for 20-30 minutes until golden, crispy and cooked through. Serve warm.
*If freezing, cut each roll into 8 mini rolls and place in the freezer here.
For more family friendly recipes, visit www.mummycooks.ie