Siobhan Berry of MummyCooks.ie shares a delicious recipe for the whole family. A family friendly Chicken Carbonara that is perfect for a mid-week meal.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
4 - Bacon Rashers
cut into chunks
4 - Chicken Breast
50 g Creme Fraiche
3 - Eggs
2 cloves Garlic
0 - Olive Oil
50 g Parmesan Cheese
grated plus extra to serve
0.5 cup Peas
400 g Penne Pasta
0.5 head SuperValu Cauliflower
chopped into bite sized pieces
2 tbsp SuperValu Oregano
0.5 cup SuperValu Sweetcorn 326g
- Boil some water in a large pot and cook the pasta as per the instructions on the packet.
- When the pasta has about 6 minutes left, add in the cauliflower.
- In a bowl combine the eggs, parmesan and crème fraise.
- Heat a large frying pan with some olive oil and cook the chicken, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Fry the bacon until golden and crispy, reduce the heat, add in the oregano garlic and peas, cook for 3-4 minutes before adding in the sweet corn.
- Add the pasta and cauliflower to the pan and combine.
- Turn off the heat but leave the pan on the hobb.
- Stir in the egg mixture and combine until everything is covered in the sauce.
- Place the chicken on top with some extra parmesan, serve and enjoy!
For more delicious family friendly meals visit www.mummycooks.ie