Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
200 g Caster Sugar
3 large Fresh Egg
200 g Mixed Berries
such as blueberries, raspberries or strawberries
400 g Nobó Ice-Cream
1 tsp SuperValu Cornflour
2 tbsp SuperValu Orange
or Grand Marnier
50 g SuperValu Sugar
1 tsp SuperValu White Wine Vinegar
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Preheat oven to 120⁰C/240⁰F/Gas mark ½.
- Put the egg whites into a spotlessly clean mixing bowl of a kitchen aid and beat on full speed until quite stiffly beaten.
- Turn the speed of the mixer down and slowly add the sugar a little at a time. When all the sugar has been incorporated, add the corn flour and vinegar and give one final whisk on high speed.
- When ready, the mixture should be glossy and when the bowl is turned upside down the mixture should remain stationary in the bowl. Then add the vanilla extract.
- Line an oblong baking tray (13 x 9 inches) with parchment paper and using a piping bag, pipe mini meringues the size of a large walnut.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the meringues are very firm to touch but still soft on the middle. Leave to cool in the oven with the door ajar.
- In the meantime, prepare the fruit compote. Place the berries in a heavy-based pan with the sugar and orange juice, then stir gently over a moderate heat until the sugar is dissolved. Increase the heat and boil for about 2-3 minutes until the berries are tender but still holding their shape.
- Remove the compote from the heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Leave to cool completely, then cover with cling film and chill until needed.
- To build your mini meringue mess place 1 scoop of Nobó ice-cream into each serving glass. Spoon over some berry compote, then top with a layer of crushed mini meringues.
- Finish with a scoop of Nobó ice-cream and a mini meringue, then drizzle the remaining compote juice over the top and serve with saved fresh berries.