This fish pie is so tasty and satisfying. Suitable as a baby food recipe for your weaning tot, it's perfect for a mid-week family meal and is a great way to get your kids to eat more fish.
Serves: 4 people
1 - Bay Leaves
6 - Black Pepper
0 - Black Pepper
100 g Butter
25 g Frozen Peas
25 g Frozen Sweetcorn
725 ml Milk
0.5 - Onion
50 g Plain Flour
0 - Salt
700 g White Fish
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Put the potatoes into pan, making sure there is enough water to cover them. Bring to the boil, simmer until tender then mash. Set aside.
- Place the milk, onion, bay leaf, and pepper corns in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to simmer, add the fish and cook gently for 4-5 minutes. Remove the fish from the pan, allow to cool a little then flake into bite-sized pieces and place in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, then stir in the flour. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring all the time until golden brown.
- Gradually stir in the milk, onion, bay leaf and pepper corn mixture into the saucepan.
- Let the mixture boil and season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer gently for 3-4 minutes until thickened.
- Next add the mixture to the fish and season.
- Add in the sweetcorn and peas then spoon the fish mixture into mini ramekin dishes. Spread the potato mash on top then the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
For more family friendly recipes, visit www.mummycooks.ie