This stunning little meringue trees are an extremely tasty treat!
Serves: 12 people
200 g Caster Sugar
100 g Fresh Egg
0 - Green Food Colouring
0 - Silver sugar balls for decoration
1 tsp SuperValu Cornflour
1 tsp SuperValu White Wine Vinegar
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
100 g White Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 120°C/240°F/gas mark ½.
- Put the egg whites into a spotlessly clean mixing bowl and beat on full speed until quite stiff.
- Turn the speed of the mixer down and slowly add the sugar just a little at a time. When all the sugar has been incorporated, add the cornflour and vinegar and give one final whisk on high speed.
- When ready the meringue should be glossy and when the bowl is turned upside down the meringue should remain stationary in the bowl. Finally, add the vanilla extract and a drop of green food dye. 5 Line a 33cm x 23cm baking tray with parchment paper. Pipe mini tree meringues, starting on a larger base and swirling to the top.
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until the meringues are very firm to touch but still soft in the middle. I normally leave mine to cool in the oven with the door ajar.
- When the meringues are cooled, melt the white chocolate in a small bowl. Make sure the chocolate is cooled sufficiently to drizzle over the meringues, then decorate with some silver sugar balls.