A beautiful Christmas treat for the festive season!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 - Fresh Egg
yolk, for egg wash
1 tsp Milk
200 g Mincemeat
2 sheets Puff Pastry
thawed if frozen
1 tbsp SuperValu Icing Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350F/Gas Mark 4
- Add the butter into a glass bowl and then the icing sugar. Give it a quick mix to loosen it up and pour in the ground almonds. Crack in the eggs, pour in the rum and mix it all together. Work the mixture until it’s smooth and creamy.
- When the almond cream has set, remove from the fridge as well as the base of the puff pastry on the baking tray.
- First, roll the first sheet of pastry out on a lightly floured surface and using 8”/20cm pastry cutter or dish as a template cut the pastry. Place the puff pastry on a lined baking tray. Roll the second puff pastry sheet and using 2 -3 cm larger diameter pastry cutter/template cut it too. This will be the top of the pie. Place both puff pastry in the fridge to settle until required.
- Spoon the mincemeat onto the centre of the pastry base. Using the back of a spoon spread it out evenly leaving it about a inch clear all the way around. Spoon over the frangipane mixture.
- With an icing nozzle cut a hole in the centre of the pastry top. Then using a knife score lines in an arc from the centre all the way around.
- Brush some egg wash around the clean edge of the pastry base. Place the pastry top over the mixture and line it up with the base. Using the egg wash again brush the top of the tart.
- Place the tart in the oven at 180C and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with icing sugar. Transfer onto a rack and allow to cool. Serve warm or cold.