This is a delicious twist on the traditional hotpot. It is like Shepherd’s pie meets hotpot!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 stick Celery
1 cloves SuperValu Carrot
0 - SuperValu Leek
0 medium SuperValu Onion
4 large SuperValu Potatoes
555 g SuperValu Quality Irish Lamb Mince
From your Store Cupboard
350 ml Beef Stock
1 tbsp Plain Flour
25 g SuperValu Butter
1 - SuperValu Garlic
0 - SuperValu Olive Oil
0 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
0 - SuperValu Salt
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/Gas Mark 5.
- Begin by finely dicing the onion, garlic, carrot, celery & leek.
- Heat a large saucepan with a little oil and add in the diced vegetables and sauté on a low heat for 4-5 minutes until they are beginning to soften. Next add in the minced lamb and cook this for 4-5 minutes until the lamb is browned off.
- Season lightly at this stage.
- Next add in the plain flour and use this to dry up any juices that are on the pan.
- In a separate saucepan bring the flavoured stock to a gentle boil.
- Stir the boiled stock into the floured lamb mixture and stir continuously until the mixture thickens, ensuring that no lumps form during the process.
- Continue to cook for 3-4 minutes and check the seasoning. Add the Worcestershire sauce at this stage if using.
- Transfer the lamb and vegetable mixture to a medium sized casserole dish at this stage.
- Next peel and thinly slice the potatoes and arrange these on top of the lamb and vegetable mixture with each potato slice slightly overlapping the previous one.
- Brush the entire top of the pie with the melted butter, which will give a nice shine and glaze to the potatoes.
- Transfer the hot pot to the oven for approximately 30-35 minutes until the potatoes are tender and the entire mixture is bubbling.
- Serve immediately.