This is a delicious way of serving bacon and is a good alternative to traditional boiled bacon and cabbage.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 2 people
Add all ingredients Select All
Cabbage Stir Fry
1 - SuperValu Onion
200 g SuperValu Shredded Cabbage
From the Store Cupboard
1 tbsp Gluten Free Soy Sauce
0 tsp SuperValu Dried Mixed Herbs
3 cloves SuperValu Garlic
3 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
1 tbsp Water
Marinated Bacon Chops
700 g SuperValu Quality Irish Unsmoked Back Bacon Joint 700g
from the Butcher Counter
Roasted Baby Potatoes
8 - SuperValu Baby Potatoes
Marinated bacon chops and roasted baby potatoes
- Cut the bacon into chops and place in a shallow bowl with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the orange zest and juice.
- Add in the dried mixed herbs and stir well. Allow to marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/325°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the bacon chops and the marinade on a baking tray and cover with foil.
- Cut the baby potatoes into chunks. On a separate baking tray, arrange the potatoes with some chopped garlic and ½ tablespoon of olive oil. Place into the oven with the bacon chops and cook both for 35 minutes until they are cooked through.
- Remember to remove the foil from the bacon chops 10 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok with a little oil, add in the sliced onion and cabbage, and cook gently for 3-4 minutes.
- Next add in the soy sauce and the water, and allow the cabbage to continue to cook for another minute or two.
- Arrange the cabbage in the middle of the plate with the bacon chops sitting on top and a side portion of the baby roasted potatoes.