A tasty Sunday lunch option for a perfect Summer’s day! This recipe uses the convenient fresh ingredients Mediterranean pack, from the fruit & veg aisle.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 sprigs SuperValu Fresh Thyme
woody stems removed(from the Mediterranean Veg Pack)
1 - SuperValu Lemon
grated & cut into wedges
800 g SuperValu Quality Irish Eye of Pork Loin
(From the Butcher Counter)
Mini Roasted Potatoes
4 large SuperValu Potatoes
cut into small chunks
From the Store Cupboard
2 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
0 - SuperValu Salt
- Using a sharp knife score the fat of the pork in a criss cross pattern.
- In a small bowl mix together the grated lemon, thyme leaves, garlic and olive oil with some salt and pepper, then rub that into the pork.
- Leave the pork to marinade for a few minutes to allow the flavours to penetrate.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the pork into a roasting dish and scatter the lemon wedges all around.
- Pop it into the oven and allow to cook for approximately 1 hour, until the pork is thoroughly cooked.
- If the top of the pork is browning too much you can cover it loosely with some tin foil during the cooking process.
- Place all the vegetables into a large bowl with the olive oil, garlic and seasoning and mix well.
- Then transfer to a flat baking tray and pop into the oven with the pork for the remaining 30-35 minutes of the pork’s cooking time. Shake the vegetables once or twice during the cooking process.
- Mix together the oil, seasoning and potato chunks and place on a flat baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes and serve with the pork and roasted vegetables.