This is such a quick and easy go-to dinner for busy lifestyles. The capers are an unusual addition but add great flavour. The potatoes, smashed and roasted with Parmesan, are a must-try!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
3 tbsp Capers
300 ml Chicken Stock Cube
2 cloves Garlic
2 zest Lemon
4 tbsp Olive Oil
1 - Onion
25 g Parmesan Cheese
1 pinch Pepper
1 pinch Salt
1 kg SuperValu Baby Potatoes
4 sprigs SuperValu Fresh Thyme
leaves stripped off
4 - SuperValu Quality Irish Chicken Legs 4’s
200 ml White Wine
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- Place the baby potatoes in a pot and cover with cold salted water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for just 5 minutes to parboil them. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large sauté pan set over a medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Reduce the heat and add the onion, garlic, lemon zest and half the thyme to the pan. Sauté for 8 minutes, until softened and aromatic. Return the chicken to the pan along with the white wine. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, until slightly reduced. Add the stock, capers and some salt and pepper and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes more, until the chicken is almost cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, place the parboiled potatoes on a large baking tray, drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and scatter over the remaining thyme leaves. Lightly crush the potatoes with the back of a fork, then sprinkle with the Parmesan. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
- Serve the chicken legs on warm plates with some baby potatoes and the sauce.