- Shop Online
- Real Food
- Real People
- Real Rewards
By Kevin Dundon
Prepare this recipe in batches for lunch the next day and freeze what you don’t use for a later meal. Freezes for up to four months.
Preparation time: 20 minutes•
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Serves: 5 people
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
2. Place the chicken thighs, onions, lemons, garlic, oregano and 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large bowl. Toss together to coat the chicken with the flavours, then season with salt and
pepper. Set aside to marinate.
3. To prepare the stuffing, in a large bowl combine the breadcrumbs, sausage meat, sun-dried tomatoes, red onions, milk and basil along with some salt and pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined. Place in a tin and cover with foil. Set aside until you’re ready to cook the stuffing in the oven
along with the chicken.
4. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large ovenproof saucepan. Add the chicken pieces, skin side down, along with the onions, lemon, garlic and oregano that the chicken was
marinating with, and cook for 2 minutes to give the chicken some colour. Pour in the stock and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any bits stuck to the bottom. Season with a
little salt and pepper.
5. Transfer the pan to the oven along with the stuffing and roast for 30 to 35 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Give the chicken a stir occasionally to make sure everything is
6. Enjoy warm with a few fresh basil leaves and extra sun-dried tomatoes scattered on top or cold in a sandwich with salad leaves. Serve the stuffing alongside or in the sandwich.