A great tasting and fun meal to prepare in no time!!
Serves: 6 people
1 tbsp Capers
1 - Filo Pastry
150 g Haloumi cheese
50 g SuperValu Butter
1 tsp SuperValu Fresh Coriander
plus extra leaves to garnish
2 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Parsley Flat Leaf
1 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
1 - SuperValu Onion
500 g SuperValu Quality Irish Lamb Mince
0 - SuperValu Salt
1 - SuperValu Tomato
1 tsp Turmeric
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6. Lightly oil a baking tray.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized pan over a high heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the minced lamb and season with salt and pepper. Once the lamb is fully browned, remove the pan from the heat. Remove the lamb and onions from the pan with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl. Set aside to cool.
- Add the grated cheese, diced tomatoes, parsley, capers, turmeric and coriander to the bowl. Combine all the ingredients together.
- Trim the filo sheets into 10cm x 30cm rectangles. Working with one sheet of dough at a time, brush the edges of each sheet with a little of the melted butter. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the lamb filling into the bottom corner of the sheet. Fold over the corner of the filo dough to enclose the filling and make a triangle. Keep folding the dough into triangles for the entire length of the pastry.
- Place the samosas on the oiled baking tray, seam side down, and cook in the oven for about 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the dip by combining the crème fraîche with the chopped mint in a small bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the samosas on a platter with a bowl of the dip on the side and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.