Siobhan Berry of MummyCooks.ie shares this kiddies Chicken Curry recipe.
Serves: 4 people
0 - Brown Rice
4 - Chicken Breast
1 tin Coconut Milk
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 - Red Onion
2 - Red Pepper
0.5 tbsp SuperValu Medium Hot Curry Powder
3 tbsp SuperValu Tomato Purée
1 large Sweet Potatoes
peeled and diced into small chunks
0.5 tbsp Turmeric
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and brown the chicken for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onions to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the sweet potato to the pan and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes before adding in the spices and the puree.
- Once the spices and puree are nicely mixed into the sweet potato and onions, add in the peppers and return the chicken to the pan.
- Mix everything until it is covered in the spices adding a tbsp or so of water if necessary.
- Stir in the coconut milk, bring the mixture to the boil before returning to a simmer for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sweet potato is nice and soft.
Serve with some rice and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of www.mummycooks.ie