Delicious served hot or cold. You could use lamb or pork mince as an alternative to minced beef.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 - SuperValu Carrot
400 g SuperValu Irish Beef Mince
part of 750g pack
1 - SuperValu Onion
4 - SuperValu Rooster Potatoes
scrubbed and cut into wedges
From your Store Cupboard
1 tsp English Mustard
1 - Fresh Egg
2 cloves Garlic
1 tsp SuperValu Dried Mixed Herbs
100 g SuperValu Fresh Breadcrumbs
2 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
2 tbsp SuperValu Tomato Purée
1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Firstly cut the potatoes into wedges, season with some salt and pepper and place on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and place in the preheated oven.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, using clean hands combine the minced beef, onion, garlic, carrots, breadcrumbs, tomato puree, Worcestershire sauce (if using) and the egg.
- Place in a parchment lined loaf tin and smooth the surface. Cover with foil and place in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, then remove and drain off any excess liquid.
- Allow to rest for approx 10 minutes, then serve hot with the potato wedges.