There is something so comforting about a big bowl of seafood pie.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
450 g Fish Pie Mix Pack
1 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Parsley Flat Leaf
1 medium SuperValu Leek
From your Store Cupboard
75 ml Milk
(fresh cream can be used for a richer result)
1 tbsp Plain Flour
25 g SuperValu Butter
2 cloves SuperValu Garlic
0 - SuperValu Salt
250 ml Vegetable Stock
1 medium White Wine
- Melt the butter in a pan. Add in the chopped leek and garlic.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes without colouring. Stir in the flour and mix well. Pour in the wine, if using and reduce by half, add the stock and bring to a simmer.
- Tip the fish mix into the simmering stock and then stir in the milk and parsley (if using). Cover and simmer gently for 2-3 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
- Transfer into a large ovenproof dish (alternatively you could use a series of individual bowls).
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/375˚F/Gas Mark 5.
- Meanwhile place the potatoes into a medium sized saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Allow to simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Strain off the water and allow to steam. Mash in the butter and the egg yolk and mix well. Pour or pipe on top of the fish mixture and pop into the preheated oven.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes until bubbling and golden brown.
- To serve, bring the fish pie straight to the table with a separate bowl of salad and allow everyone to help themselves.