Nothing beats a homemade burger.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 dstspn Chopped Cherry Tomato Chutney
1 large Fresh Egg
0 - Seeded SuperValu Burger Buns
50 g SuperValu Fresh Breadcrumbs
1 cloves SuperValu Garlic
1 medium SuperValu Onion
50 g SuperValu Parmesan Cheese Shavings
1 dstspn SuperValu Parsley
675 g SuperValu Quality Irish Round Steak Mince
6 slice SuperValu Rashers
0 - SuperValu Salt
- Preheat the barbecue.
- Put the minced beef into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the finely diced onion and garlic.
- Mix in the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley together with the tomato chutney.
- Season the mixture with a little salt and pepper.
- Add in the egg and mash the mixture together with your hands using the egg as a binding agent.
- Divide the mixture into 4–6 pieces and shape them into your desired shapes about ½ inch thick.
- Allow to rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Brush the burgers with a little oil to prevent them from sticking and barbecue on either side for 4–5 minutes.
- Cut one in the centre to make sure that they are cooked through.
- To assemble your burger, spread some chutney on the bottom layer of the toasted burger bun.
- Then add the bacon, place the burger on top and add your favourite dressing like mayonnaise, caramelised onions, sliced tomatoes or sliced gherkins etc.
- Serve with freshly cooked chunky chips or on its own.