This makes either a wonderfully accompaniment or it can be served as a delicious starter. Of course, with this recipe you can vary the toppings adding cooked prawns, cured meats or roasted Mediterranean vegetables.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
12 - Cherry Tomatoes
4 slice Crusty Bread
150 ml Olive Oil
1 - Red Onion
1 - Red Pepper
1 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Basil
3 cloves SuperValu Garlic
4 stem SuperValu Onion
0 - SuperValu Rocket Leaves
- Heat a medium sized pan with a ½ teaspoon olive oil and add the diced garlic, red onion and red pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes until just beginning to soften.
- Next add in the halved tomatoes and cook for a further minute or two.
- Transfer all the ingredients into a small bowl and allow to cool down.
- When the mixture has cooled down add in the chopped spring onions, parsley and olive oil and mix well. Season lightly with a little salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile heat a large griddle pan until smoking hot. Use a little of the olive oil to brush each side of crusty bread and char grill on each side until the bread is toasted.
- Place the grilled bread on a serving plate and top with the tomato based topping.
- Garnish with some fresh rocket