Meal for one? Look no frther than this delicious Home Alone Cod.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 1 person
Add all ingredients Select All
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
0 - Black Pepper
1 pinch Caster Sugar
2 cloves Garlic
0 - Rapeseed Oil
0 - Salt
1 medium Shallots
2 - SuperValu Beetroot
1 - SuperValu Cod Fillets
skinned and deboned
1 handfull SuperValu Mixed Salad Leaves
- Put two small frying pans over a medium heat and add a drizzle of rapeseed oil to both pans. You’ll be using one pan for the cod and one for the veg.
- Add the shallot and garlic to the first pan, then reduce the heat to low. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until softened, then add the beetroot and cook for a further 4 minutes, until that’s softened too.
- Meanwhile, season your fish with salt and pepper and put it in the other pan, flesh side down. Cook for 4 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Just before the veg are finished cooking, drizzle in some balsamic vinegar, then season with salt and pepper and a little pinch of sugar to correct the seasoning if need be.
- To serve, place the bed of veg on a plate. Top with the cooked cod, a handful of mixed leaves and a drizzle of rapeseed oil and that’s your home alone cod done!