It freezes exceptionally well so you can just freeze it in small containers and regenerate as required.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 medium Carrots
2 stick Celery
3 cloves Garlic
1 medium Leek
1 medium Onion
50 g SuperValu Butter
300 g SuperValu Butternut Squash
1 - Sweet Potatoes
1200 ml Chicken Stock Cube
or vegetable stock
- Begin by chopping all of the vegetables and garlic.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and then add in the vegetables.
- Sauté gently for 4-5 minutes until some of the smaller vegetables are beginning to soften.
- Next add in approximately two thirds of the chicken or vegetable stock and bring the mixture to a slow boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes or until all of the vegetables have softened down completely.
- Using a hand blitzer, blitz the soup until it is nice and smooth. Return to the heat and bring back to a very gentle boil.
- If you would like a thinner soup, now would be the best time to add some additional stock to thin it down. Correct the seasoning at this stage also.
- Transfer it to your serving bowls or cups and garnish the soup with a little crème fraiche and chopped parsley.
- Serve as required or alternatively allow the soup to cool down and then transfer it into suitable containers and freeze until required.