This is a delicious fish recipe even without the Hollandaise. If you don't feel confident to make your own Hollandaise, store-bought will do as well.
Serves: 4 people
2 - Fresh Egg
hard boiled and peeled
1 - Fresh Egg
for egg wash
225 g Mushrooms
2 sheets Puff Pastry
25 g SuperValu Butter
1 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Dill
1 tsp SuperValu Fresh Thyme
600 g SuperValu Hake Fillets
2 - SuperValu Shallots
400 g SuperValu Spinach
sauteed and drained
0 - SuperValu Whole Black Peppercorns
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°G/Gas Mark 4.
- Saute the mushrooms in some butter, then remove and pat dry with some kitchen paper.
- Roll out the two sheets of pastry on a lightly floured surface, and brush the surface with egg wash.
- Place the spinach on to the pastry leaving approximately 1" around the edge, then place the sautéed mushrooms to top.
- Lay the Hake onto the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs and shallots, then place on top of the Hake.
- Sprinkle with the herbs then brush the edges of the pastry with the egg wash.
- Place the top sheet of pastry on top of the Hake then seal tightly.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven for 30 – 35 minutes, then remove and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime to make your hollandaise, firstly melt the butter in a saucepan over a gentle heat.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- In a separate saucepan heat some water and place a glass or stainless steel bowl on top.
- Pour in the white wine vinegar and lemon juice then add the egg yolks and beat continuously until light and creamy in consistency.
- You need to be very careful at this stage because the line between creamy and scrambled is very fine.
- Remove the bowl from the heat then pour in the melted butter, whilst continuing to whisk at all times.
- If after adding all the butter the sauce is still a little thick for your liking whisk in some boiling water and a squeeze of lemon.
- Season to taste.
- Place the Coulibiac onto a serving platter, and serve with Hollandaise Sauce.