A great recipe...be careful not to eat the whole loaf in one sitting!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 6 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 tbsp Black Treacle
2 tsp Bread Soda
350 g Extra Coarse Wholemeal Flour
2 large Fresh Egg
100 ml Guinness
50 g Plain Flour
50 g Porridge Oats
200 ml SuperValu Buttermilk
0 pinch SuperValu Salt
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas Mark 3
- Put the flours, sieved bread soda, salt and porridge oats into a large mixing bowl and mix them well.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs together with the treacle and add to the dry mixture.
- Next, mix in the Guinness then the buttermilk and combine the mix to a “sloppy” consistency.
- Pour into a greased 9inch round cake tin and smooth the top of the bread with a wet spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes then remove the bread from the tin and invert then return to the oven to bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool down.