This is a fab barbecue recipe that goes down a treat with both veggies and meat eaters, so it’s always a winner! It’s one of the most popular dishes on our evening menu.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
200 g Haloumi cheese
1 tsp Mayonnaise
4 tbsp Olive Oil
1 - Red Pepper
1 tsp Salt
1 - SuperValu Aubergine
1 - SuperValu Courgette
50 g SuperValu Rocket Leaves
or similar greens
1 tsp Tomato Ketchup
4 - Wholemeal Burger Buns
- Preheat the barbecue to a high heat.
- Start by preparing your veg. Cut the courgette in half, then into thin strips lengthwise. Slice the aubergines into thin strips lengthwise. Cut the pepper vertically into four large sections, discarding the core and seeds. Cut the halloumi into four thin rectangular slices.
- Put the prepped veg in a large bowl with the oil and salt. Mix until they all have a nice even coating of oil.
- Grill the veg on the hot barbecue, turning regularly. You want them nicely charred but also soft and tender.
- When the veg are done, remove from the grill and set aside while you cook the halloumi. Grill it on the barbecue for about 5 minutes, until it has nice grill marks on each side.
- Toast the buns on the barbecue, then spread some ketchup on the bottom bun and a little mayo on the top bun. Layer up the grilled courgette, aubergine and pepper with some rocket leaves in between and top with a slice of halloumi. Take the first bite – epic and oh so tasty!