Alot of peoples favourite fish marinated with an oriental twist.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
100 ml Soy Sauce
3 tbsp SuperValu Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 - SuperValu Fresh Ginger
4 cloves SuperValu Garlic
2 tbsp SuperValu Honey
1 - SuperValu Lime
(grated and juiced)
4 small SuperValu Mackerel Fillets
(gutted and cleaned)
0 - SuperValu Salt
4 - SuperValu Scallions
100 ml Water
100 ml White Wine
- Peel and finely slice the ginger and add it to a bowl.
- Carefully crush the garlic with the blade of a knife. Peel, thinly slice and add to the ginger.
- Chop up the spring onions, discarding the ends, and add to the bowl.
- Grate the zest of the lime on top, then chop in half and squeeze in the juice.
- Drizzle in some honey and follow that with the white wine, the soya sauce and the water.
- Finish off with the olive oil and give it a whisk.
- Lay in the mackerel fillets. Make sure they are fully coated by the marinade. Place in a fridge for 20 mins.
- When cooking on the barbecue, make sure the coals are fully white before placing on the fish.
- Brush over a little of the marinade as they are cooking.
- Serve immediately.