A quick and easy rice salad, it's rather tasty too, enjoy!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
150 g Brown Rice
1 tbsp Chilli Jam
2 tbsp Mustard Seed
1 - SuperValu Avocado
100 g SuperValu Feta Cheese
6 sprigs SuperValu Fresh Mint
100 g SuperValu Green Beans
trimmed and cut into 2cm bits
1 small SuperValu Leek
2 - SuperValu Lemon
juice and zest
2 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
0 - SuperValu Salt
80 g SuperValu Spinach
- Cook the rice as per pack instructions.
- Heat a pan over a medium heat and toast the mustard seeds for 30 seconds until just fragrant.
- Add the olive oil, green beans and leeks, and season with some salt.
- Continue cooking for 1 -2 minutes until tender.
- Add the spinach and a big squeeze of lemon juice to the pan. Cook until slightly wilted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and toss in the brown rice, feta cheese, Chilli Jam and a further squeeze of lemon juice and zest. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Before serving, add the avocado slices and a few more mint sprigs.