A perfect salad for summer dining!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
60 ml Balsamic Vinegar
6 - Cherry Tomatoes
1 - Red Onion
4 - SuperValu Beetroot
washed & halved
125 ml SuperValu Chilled With Bits Orange Juice 1ltr
300 g SuperValu Crispy Mixed Salad Bag
70 g SuperValu Goats Cheese
3 tbsp SuperValu Honey
125 ml SuperValu Olive Oil
3 tbsp SuperValu Pine Nuts
- Place the beetroot in a saucepan of boiling water; ensure that every part of the beetroot is full submerged in water. Allow to boil for 20 -30 minutes until the beetroot is tender.
- When the beetroot has cooled, thinly slice and set aside.
- Place the pine nuts into a frying pan over a low heat and toast them, adding the honey as they begin to brown. Ensure that all nuts are coated in the honey & set aside to cool.
- To make the dressing. Combine the balsamic vinegar, juice & olive oil in a bowl, season with pepper.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the salad leaves, onion & tomatoes.
- To assemble, place a generous helping of the salad mix into a serving bowl, place the sliced beetroot on top and crumble on the goat’s cheese. Scattered the pine nuts on top for some extra crunch and drizzle on the salad dressing.