This bread is a really nice alternative to the traditional white soda bread. It stays fresh for 3-4 days in your bread bin but also freezes quite successfully. Makes 1 x 2lb loaf.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 1 person
Add all ingredients Select All
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2
- Grease a 2lb loaf tin.
- Sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl. It is vitally important that the flour be sieved as it tends to clump together.
- Add in the salt, xanthan gum and dried yeast at this stage also.
- Pour in the water and mix until a soft “sticky” dough has been achieved.
- Leave the yeast to activate for 40 – 60 minutes.
- Pour into the previously prepared loaf tin and pop into the oven to bake.
- Bake for 45 minutes in the tin and then invert the bread and pop it back into the tin upside down and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes to firm up the crust on the underneath.
Additional FlavoursMix into the dough before putting into the oven.
- Garlic & rosemary
- Lemon & thyme
- Sage & Onion
- Grated Mozzarella