Delicious summery desserts by Siúcra.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 20 people
Add all ingredients Select All
For colours & toppings
3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
50 g Desiccated Coconut
1 - Edible Glitter
3 tbsp Freeze-dried Raspberries
2 tbsp Lemon
1 - Pink Food Colouring
1 - Red Food Colouring
1 - Yellow Food Colouring
- Preheat the oven to 200°c. Line a baking tray (30x40 cm) with parchment paper, pour the sugar onto it and place in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk the egg whites into firm white peaks.
- Take the sugar out of the oven and lower the heat to 100°C.
- Continue whisking the egg whites at high speed and add the hot sugar a little at a time. Following this, add the vinegar.
- Whisk at maximum speed for 5-10 minutes, or until the mixture is opaque and completely stiff. Add flavourings as desired.
- Click or pipe out small meringues.
- Bake in the oven for 3 hours, then switch off the oven and leave the meringues in the residual heat for a few hours, until they are completely dry.
Add flavourings as desired:
- 2 tbsp. lemon zest, yellow food colouring
- 50g desiccated coconut, half added to the meringue mixture and half scattered over the top
- 3 tbsp. freeze-dried raspberries, red/pink food colouring
- About 3 tbsp. cocoa, 1 tbsp. folded into the mixture and 2 tbsp. scattered over the meringues
- Sprinkle with edible glitter to add a magical touch