These chicken skewers are always a crowd-pleaser when I do a BBQ. The ginger marinade is perfect for the summer.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 6 people
Add all ingredients Select All
200 ml Coconut Milk
2 cloves Garlic
2 - Green Pepper
cut into chunks
1 - Lime
zest and juice
100 ml Natural Yogurt
1 - Pepper
8 - Pitta Breads
2 - Red Onion
1 - Salt
3 - Spring Onions
1 tsp SuperValu Chilli Powder
80 g SuperValu Coriander Leaves
2 cm SuperValu Fresh Ginger
12 - SuperValu Fresh Irish Chicken Thighs
trimmed and cut into 3cm strips
- Preheat the barbecue to medium heat.
- Place the chicken, coconut milk, lime zest, ginger, garlic and chilli powder in a large bowl. Mix to combine. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Prepare the coriander dressing: In a mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, coriander leaves, spring onions and lime juice. Blend using a handheld blender until smooth.
- Thread the chicken, onions and green peppers onto 12 - 16 skewers.
- Cook the chicken skewers for 3 – 5 minutes on each side or until lightly charred and cooked through.
- Warm the pitta bread over indirect heat on the barbecue for two minutes.
- Serve the chicken skewer on the pitta bread with a drizzle of the coconut and coriander dressing.