Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 20 people
Add all ingredients Select All
200 g Caster Sugar
0.5 tsp Corn Flour
3 large Egg Whites
about 100g in total
3 tsp Food Colouring
dark/black colouring to decorate
0.5 tsp Vanilla Extract
0.5 tsp White Wine Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 120°C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using a food mixer, lace the egg whites into a spotlessly clean bowl and whisk until it forms soft peaks.
- Reduce the speed and add the sugar a little at a time, beating thoroughly. Then add the cornflour and vinegar and whisk again until the mixture is glossy.
- Fold in the vanilla extract to flavour the meringue. Place the meringue mixture in a piping bag. Creating different ghost shapes, pipe 24–30 walnut-sized blobs of meringue on to the prepared baking tray, making sure they do not touch one another.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes until firm to the touch but still soft in the middle. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, decorate with the dark food colouring.