Chicken is a big favourite of mine, for some extra spice add a chopped chilli or two!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 tbsp SuperValu Dried Mixed Herbs
5 cloves SuperValu Garlic
2 - SuperValu Lemon
juiced and rind
3 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
1 - SuperValu Quality Irish large chicken
cut in pieces (breast, drunsticks and thighs)
0 - SuperValu Whole Black Peppercorns
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, herbs, seasoning, and garlic.
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and brush the lemon mixture.
- Place the chicken on a roasting pan and place in the oven for approximately 40 - 50 minutes, turning halfway through.
- When the chicken is thoroughly cooked, juices will run clear when pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile place the carrots in a small pan with the butter, caster sugar and enough stock or water to just cover the carrots.
- Bring to the boil, then cook over a moderate to high heat for about 12 minutes until the carrots are tender and all of the liquid has evaporated. Shake the pan occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Serve the chicken with the vichy carrots and some garden salad.
Check Coeliac Society of Ireland Food List for gluten free brands.