By Clare Anne O'Keefe
Clare Anne O'Keefe's Fruit Roll-Up are a great snack to have packed if travelling with kids this summer.
Preparation time: 20 minutes•
Cooking time: 240 minutes
Serves: 20 people
1. Preheat the oven to 60°C /gas mark ¼. Line a baking sheet with a non-stick silicone mat or nonstick baking paper.
2. Drain the pears, but don’t waste the juice. Save it and use as a cordial or drizzle on porridge. Purée the pears and raspberries in a food processor until smooth. Add the chia seeds and maple syrup, mixing well with a spoon.
3. Tip the fruit purée out onto the lined tray and spread it evenly using a spatula. Bake in the oven for 6 to 8 hours or dry in a dehydrator for 3 to 4 hours on the highest setting. Allow to cool completely. The texture should be dry, smooth and
similar to leather.
4. Cover the fruit roll-ups with a sheet of non-stick baking paper, then invert the baking sheet onto a cutting board with the fruit leather underneath.
5. Peel off the paper or mat that was originally on the bottom and discard, then cut the fruit leather into strips. Roll up each strip with its parchment paper to make individual portable snacks.