These bars can be stored in airtight containers for up to 6 weeks and are delightful for breakfast or lunchbox treats. Try adding apricots, cranberries or nuts as alternatives.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 tsp Bread Soda
60 g Caster Sugar
2 - Fresh Egg
15 ml Milk
125 g Natural Yogurt
175 g Plain Flour
300 g Porridge Oats
90 g SuperValu Brown Sugar
1 tsp SuperValu Cinnamon
125 g SuperValu Dried Fruit
1 dstspn SuperValu Honey
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
15 ml Vegetable Oil
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- In a large bowl combine all of the dry ingredients – porridge oats, dried fruit, sieved flour, bread soda and the brown and caster sugars.
- In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients - milk, yogurt, vanilla extract, vegetable oil, honey and egg whites.
- Combine with the dry ingredients to create the dough.
- Pour the mixture into an ungreased baking tray and flatten to cover the entire tray, right into the corners.
- Place in the pre-heated oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown and firm to your touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut into squares and place on a wire rack until completely cool.
- Store in an airtight container - use at your leisure!