This is a healthy alternative to cereal and is full of flavour and nutrients. It can also be eaten with Greek yogurt. If you’re fond of it, make big batches.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 tbsp Almond Butter
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
50 g Hazelnuts
100 g Jumbo Oats
1 zest Lemon
4 tbsp Maple Syrup
100 ml Maple Syrup
50 g Sunflower Seeds
50 g SuperValu Goodness Pumpkin Seeds
50 g SuperValu Goodness Walnuts
For the Granola:
50 g Coconut Oil
For the Smoothie:
4 large Banana
chopped and frozen
- Blend all the ingredients for the smoothie in a food processor or blender until smooth. Pour into an airtight container and put in the freezer for at least 2 hours or overnight, until set.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Melt the coconut oil and maple syrup together in a small saucepan set over a low heat, but don’t allow it to boil. Mix together all the remaining ingredients for the granola in a large bowl, then pour the coconut and maple mix on top, stirring to coat the oats, nuts and seeds evenly. Spread out on the lined tray in an even layer and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, turning halfway through.
- While the granola is cooking, put all the ingredients for the compote in a small saucepan set over a medium heat. Lightly mash with the back of a spoon and simmer for 10 minutes, until the liquid is syrupy and the blueberries have softened.
- To serve, put a scoop of the frozen smoothie into a glass or jar, sprinkle over the granola and top with blueberry compote.