A delicious treat for the family. Make sure the pie is bubbling hot and the potatoes are golden brown on top.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
450 g Fish Pie Mix Pack
1 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Parsley Flat Leaf
1 medium SuperValu Leek
From your Store Cupboard
75 ml Milk
fresh cream can be used for a richer result
2 tbsp Plain Flour
25 g SuperValu Butter
2 cloves SuperValu Garlic
0 - SuperValu Salt
250 ml Vegetable Stock
1 medium White Wine
- Add the butter to the pan. Once melted, add in the chopped leek and garlic.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes without colouring. Stir in the flour and mix well. Pour in the stock, milk (and wine, if using) and bring to a simmer.
- Add the fish mix into the simmering stock and then stir in the parsley (if using). Cover and simmer gently for 2-3 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
- Transfer into a large ovenproof dish.
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/375˚F/Gas Mark 5.
- In the meantime place the potatoes into a medium sized saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Allow to simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Strain off the water and allow to steam. Mash the potato until smooth. Pour or pipe on top of the fish mixture and pop into the preheated oven.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes until bubbling and golden brown.
- To serve, bring the fish pie straight to the table with a separate bowl of vegetables and allow everyone to help themselves.