This is a favourite of mine and it works very well as a quick meal option for all the family. En papillote is a French term which means ‘paper bag cookery’ which denotes the way this fish is cooked in a vacuum of steam. Serving the fish still in its wrapper means that each member of the family gets a full facial as well as their dinner!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 - Red Onion
1 - Red Pepper
or mixed peppers
1 - Seasoning
1 - SuperValu Carrot
150 g SuperValu Cod Fillets
1 - SuperValu Fresh Parsley Flat Leaf
1 - SuperValu Green Beans
1 - SuperValu Lemon
- Cut some sheets of parchment paper. They will need to be A4 size.
- Thinly slice all of the vegetables into even pieces and mix together in a bowl.
- Neatly arrange the vegetables on top of the parchment.
- Gently place the piece of fish on top of the vegetable mixture.
- Season the fish with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Thinly slice the lemon and place a slice of lemon on top of each and place a piece of parsley on top of that. A little butter is nice here also if you wish.
- Fold the parchment paper over from each side and twist either end, much like a Christmas cracker making sure that all the fish is covered and sealed in.
- Bake at 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5 for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately in the little paper parcel.
- It is important to cut the vegetables quite thin as the fish will cook quite quickly so make sure that your vegetables are not too al dente.
- Any vegetable combination can be used