By Kevin Dundon
Kevin's Easter Tiramisu will steal the show at your Easter feast.
Preparation time: 15 minutes•
Cooking time: 0 minutes
Serves: 7 people
1. Place the cold coffee in a bowl, add 2 tablespoons of the Amaretto and leave to cool aside until needed.
2. In a separate bowl beat together the egg yolks and sugar for about three minutes until thick and pale. Add the mascarpone and beat until well combined.
3. Next, gently fold in the whipped cream.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Again, fold gently into the cream mixture. Add the remaining 2 tbsp Amaretto liqueur, taking care not to loose the volume.
5. Dip each biscuit into the coffee mixture for about two to four seconds on each side and shake off any excess.
6. Place a layer of the dipped biscuits into the bottom of a trifle bowl.
7. Spread some of the cream mixture over the biscuits and dust with some cocoa powder.
8. Repeat the process again, using up the biscuits, cream and cocoa powder layer until reaching to the top of the bowl.
9. Smooth the surface and give a final dust to the top with the cocoa powder. Add a few chocolate Easter eggs and chocolate shavings and refrigerate for two hours minimum or overnight until firm.
10. Store in the fridge covered and Serve within one day.