Perfect for an Easter treat and great to make with kids.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 12 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 tsp Baking Powder
200 g Caster Sugar
5 large Fresh Egg
1 packets Mini Chocolate Eggs
400 g Plain Flour
200 g SuperValu Butter
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- To make the cupcakes, soften the butter and beat in a large mixing bowl with the sugar.
- Add in the vanilla extract at this stage also and beat well until the mixture is really light and fluffy.
- It is important to spend a little time on the creaming stage to make sure that the mixture is very light prior to adding the eggs and flour.
- When this mixture is creamy and fluffy add in the eggs and sieve in the flour.
- If you find the mixture is a little tight you can add a dessertspoon of milk to loosen it up a little.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tray with deep muffin papers (if you prefer you can actually use smaller bun tins or even some mini muffin trays).
- Divide the mixture between the muffin papers, filling about ¾ way full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until well risen and cooked through and then allow to cool.
Vanilla Cream Topping
- When the cupcakes are cool you can make up the topping.
- Using an electric hand whisker beat the butter until smooth and creamy, add the vanilla seeds or extract and beat well.
- Gradually add the icing sugar and beat until creamy and well combined.
- To serve, use a piping bag to pipe the topping on the cupcake or alternatively you can spread it over the top using a spoon.
- Decorate with some mini chocolate eggs.