"My GAA Winning Taste of Summer is Chicken Noodle Salad - easy to make during a hectic training schedule and ideal for BBQs and picnics."
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
0 - Black Pepper
1 - Red Pepper
1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
4 - SuperValu Cooked Noodles
0 - SuperValu Courgette
4 - SuperValu Fresh Chicken Fillets
(approx 150g each) butterfly cut
2 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Coriander
1 - SuperValu Lemon
juice & zest
0 - SuperValu Mixed Salad Leaves
100 ml SuperValu Olive Oil
0 - SuperValu Salt
1 tbsp SuperValu Sunflower Oil
2 tbsp SuperValu Sweet Chilli Jam
- Pour the oil into a glass bowl and add the lemon juice and zest. Add the chicken and sprinkle with the chopped coriander.
- Allow to marinade for 30 minutes if possible. Place a griddle pan over a medium heat and add the marinated chicken fillets, cook for 6 – 8 minutes each side, depending on thickness.
- Allow to rest before slicing.
- Meanwhile prepare the noodle salad. Blanch and refresh the noodles. Preheat a wok, and drizzle 1 tbsp of sunflower oil, add the vegetables and Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until warmed and softened slightly but still retaining their colour and slightly crisp. Season with salt and pepper. Allow the vegetable mixture to cool down completely.
- Mix the vegetables into the blanched and refreshed noodles. Stir in the chilli jam and rice vinegar and Season accordingly.
- To serve, divide the noodle salad between 4 plates and add the sliced chicken on top. Sprinkle with some fresh coriander if desired. Serve immediately.
Also more commonly known as “Pan Seared Chicken Noodle Salad”! Take a picture of your attempt and share using #SVwinningtaste or enter online to be in with a chance of winning great prizes!