This deviled egg recipe is a perfect starter or an ideal party food.
Serves: 4 people
0 - Black Pepper
1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
12 - Eggs
0.25 tsp English Mustard Powder
1 tbsp Greek Yoghurt
1 tbsp Jalapeno
pickled, in juice, finely chopped
3 tbsp Mayonnaise
0 - Paprika
0 - Salt
1 handfull SuperValu Fresh Parsley Flat Leaf
chopped, to garnish
0 - SuperValu Streaky Bacon Rashers
0 - SuperValu Sunflower Oil
1 pinch Turmeric
- Boil the eggs in the boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the eggs sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the hot water, peel, rinse and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Cook the bacon until crispy in a frying pan with a little sunflower oil.
- Remove immediately to a paper towel, and set aside to cool.
- Once it is cool, chop the bacon into smaller pieces with a knife or scissors.
- Remove eggs from fridge and slice each egg in half, lengthwise.
- Carefully remove the yolks and place in a bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the yolks until crumbly.
- Add the mayo, Greek yogurt, jalapeños, mustard, cayenne and turmeric and stir well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the egg whites and top with the crispy bacon.
- Sprinkle with parsley and paprika.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve. These will keep in an airtight container for up to 2 days.