Created by Derval O'Rourke, If you have a little time, make extra of the meat filling for this recipe. It freezes really well and will make a great dinner some evening when you don’t have time to cook the whole meal from scratch.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 2 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 - Black Pepper
halved and cut lengthways
2 - Cloves
1 handfull Salad Greens
2 - Shallots
50 g SuperValu Grated Cheddar Cheese
200 g SuperValu Lean Beef
2 tsp SuperValu Olive Oil
1 portion SuperValu Rice
2 tbsp SuperValu Soy Sauce
200 g SuperValu Tinned Tomatoes
2 tbsp SuperValu Tomato Purée
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the mince, soy sauce, tomato purée and chopped tomatoes and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place the pepper halves on an ovenproof dish and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the peppers from the oven and spoon the cooked mince into them. Sprinkle over the cheese and return the peppers to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice, couscous or buckwheat according to the instructions on the package.
- Serve the stuffed peppers with the rice, couscous or buckwheat and arrange on a serving plate with salad leaves.