Beef and curry, two of my favourite foods in a pie! This is the perfect way to serve up a quick tasty family supper.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
600 ml Beef Stock
3 - Carrots
1 - Fresh SuperValu Mixed Chilli
1 tsp Hot Water
4 sheet Puff Pastry
2 tsp Red Curry Paste
200 ml Red Wine
0 - Seasoning
3 clove SuperValu Garlic
1 - SuperValu Leek
2 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
1 medium SuperValu Onion
sliced very thinly
600 g SuperValu Quality Irish Sirloin Steak
or left over roast-cut into thin strips
2 tsp SuperValu Tomato Purée
1 tsp Turmeric
- Drizzle some oil into a saucepan over a high heat and add the beef strips.
- Cook for 4 -5 minutes stirring occasionally until the beef is browned all over, season lightly with a little salt and pepper.
- Next add in the sliced onions, garlic, chilli, carrots, leeks and turmeric.
- Allow them to cook quite gently until they are softened and glazed with the meat juices for about 4-5 minutes.
- Squeeze in the tomato purée and curry paste and allow this to coat the meat- this will give the curry a developed taste and flavour as well as helping with the formation of colour.
- Pour over the red wine and deglaze the pan, stirring the bottom to catch the remnamts stuck to the pan. Next pour in the hot beef stock and allow this mixture to come to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer gently covered with a lid for another 40 - 50 minutes.
- Line a large pie dish with the puff pastry (ensuring the the dish has been greased and dusted with flour to prevent the pie from sticking on the edge).
- Keep some pastry aside to be used as the lid.
- Fill the pastry lined pie dish with the meat and brush the edges with the egg wash.
- Place the top on the pie and brush with the egg wash, pierce the centre.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6 for 20 - 25 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with apple chutney.