This is a delicious soup to make, has a lovely consistency and is nice and warming on those cold winter days.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 - Bay Leaves
4 oz Cashel Blue Cheese
1200 ml Chicken Stock Cube
0 - Seasoning
2 oz SuperValu Butter
150 ml SuperValu Cream
3 clove SuperValu Garlic
1 large SuperValu Leek
1 large SuperValu Onion
4 large SuperValu Potatoes
peeled and chopped into small chunks
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and add in the chopped onion, garlic and leeks.
- Sweat the vegetables off for approximately 2 minutes over a gentle heat until they are softened down. Add in the bay leaves and the chopped potatoes at this time and in their turn sweat them off for another moment or two. Season the mixture lightly at this stage.
- Now pour in the warm chicken stock and the cream and allow the entire mixture to come to the boil. (I normally only add approximately 2/3 of the required amount of stock at this stage and add the remainder later on. It is difficult with this soup to exactly quantify the amount of stock required because the size of the potatoes used could vary greatly)
- Once the soup has come to the boil, simmer for about 10-15 minutes until the potatoes have softened. Remove the bay leaves.
- Add some blue cheese and blitz the soup with a hand blender adding additional stock if you desire. Serve the soup garnished with some extra crumbled Cashel blue cheese on top.