This is a great recipe for those cool winter months. The chorizo gives this recipe a fantastic flavour but if you wish you could substitute it with bacon lardoons.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 - Carrots
1 L Chicken Stock Cube
50 g Chorizo Sausages
1 glass Dry White Wine
1 tsp Plain Flour
25 g SuperValu Butter
50 ml SuperValu Cream
1 kg SuperValu Fresh Chicken Fillets
1 tsp SuperValu Fresh Thyme
3 cloves SuperValu Garlic
very finely diced
0 - SuperValu Salt
2 - SuperValu Shallots
peeled and finely diced
- Choose a wide saucepan with a thick base.
- On a medium heat melt the butter and add the chicken pieces, cook for 5 – 10 minutes ensuring the chicken is lightly browned all over.
- Add the chorizo, carrots, shallots, garlic and thyme and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the plain flour and mix well in to ensure that it does not stick to the base of the pan at this crucial time.
- Next add in the white wine and again, do continue to stir the mixture because the wine will evaporate off quite quickly.
- Boil up the chicken stock and add into the floured chicken mixture.
- Add in the cream and allow this to thicken up.
- Bring the mixture to the boil and then reduce to a gentle simmer.
- Allow to simmer for an additional 10 - 15 minutes or until the chicken is well cooked through to the centre. Season lightly.
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and just cover with water.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and allow to simmer until softened - approximately 20 minutes.
- Drain the water from the saucepan and add the cream and butter, mash until any lumps have been removed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with the casserole for a real winter warming dinner.