Use good quality black pudding to enrich the flavour of this delicious pie, perfect on it’s own or with a seasonal salad or some steamed veg.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
200 g Black Pudding
1 - Fresh Egg
1 tsp Milk
200 g Mushrooms
or button mushrooms
1 tbsp Plain Flour
and extra for dusting
2 sheets Puff Pastry
25 g SuperValu Butter
400 ml SuperValu Cream
4 large SuperValu Fresh Chicken Fillets
3 cloves SuperValu Garlic
1 - SuperValu Leek
0 - SuperValu Oil
1 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
0 - SuperValu Onion
0 glass White Wine
- Heat the butter in a large shallow saucepan with a drizzle of oil to prevent the butter from burning.
- Add in the chicken and cook for 4–5 minutes, then add the leeks, onion, garlic, mushrooms and black pudding at this stage, add a little seasoning.
- Add a tablespoon of flour to thicken the mixture and pour in the white wine and cream allowing the mixture to come to a gentle boil whilst stirring all the time.
- Simmer for 5–6 minutes until the liquid has reduced and thickened, then set aside for approx 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pie dish by rubbing the edges with a little oil or butter and a dusting of flour.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface, then using the dish base as a template, cut around the base and place the pastry in the base of the dish.
- Use the remaining pastry to line the edges of the dish then pour in the cooled mixture.
- Place the top sheet of puff pastry over the dish, and brush with egg wash, trim as necessary.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 30–40 minutes.
- Serve immediately.