A sweet treat your guests will love.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 24 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 portion Brandy Butter
whipped cream or custard to serve
3 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
plus extra to decorate
240 g SuperValu Signature Tastes Cranberry Sauce
For the Frangipane:
150 g Almonds
150 g Caster Sugar
2 - Eggs
150 g Unsalted Butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Lightly butter 2 x 12-hole patty tins and set aside. If you have only one tin, then assemble and bake the pies in two batches.
2. To make the pastry, blend the flour and butter together in a food processor until it forms fine crumbs. Add the icing sugar and pulse to mix in, then add the egg to bring everything together. Tip out onto a lightly floured surface and shape
into a smooth ball of dough. Flatten into a disc, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, make the frangipane. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Stir in the ground almonds and 4 tablespoons of the beaten eggs until well
combined. Set aside.
4. Roll the pastry out on a large piece of baking parchment until it’s about 5mm thick. Stamp out 24 discs using an 8cm round cutter. Re-roll the pastry trimmings as necessary. If
the pastry becomes too soft to work with, pop it into the fridge or freezer to firm up again before continuing.
5. Press the discs into the greased patty tin holes. Spoon the cranberry sauce evenly between them, about 10g each. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the frangipane on top of each one, spreading it level and to the edge. Scatter the coconut over to stick.
6. Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until the frangipane is pulled up, golden and cooked through. Leave the pies in the tins for a few minutes before carefully removing. Dust with the icing sugar or a little extra coconut and serve warm with brandy butter, whipped cream or custard.