Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 tsp Baking Powder
100 g Butter
diced, at room temperature
1 tsp Caster Sugar
130 g Cheddar Cheese
1 - Fresh Egg
400 g Plain Flour
plus extra to dust
1.5 tsp Salt
250 ml SuperValu Buttermilk
2 - SuperValu Courgette
3 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Chives
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/ 325˚F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Grate the courgette and squeeze out excess moisture by pressing between kitchen paper.
- In a bowl, pour the plain flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and stir to combine.
- Next add the butter, courgette, cheddar, chives and egg. Gradually combine the mixture with the flour adding the buttermilk until a soft and sticky mixture is obtained.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a 3cm-thick. Using a pastry cutter dipped in flour, cut 12 or more scones. Lay them on the baking tray and brush with leftover buttermilk.
- Bake in the oven for 25 -35 minutes until golden.
- Serve with some cooked bacon or ham with lashes of butter and a few tomato and salad leaves.