Clare's Clementine and Ginger Financiers are perfect for any party.
Serves: 30 people
80 g Almonds
4 - Free Range Eggs
4 tbsp Preserved Ginger
drained and finely chopped
1 pinch Sea Salt Flakes
4 tbsp SuperValu Assorted Sprinkles
or silver balls or chocolate vermicelli
120 g SuperValu Icing Sugar
40 g SuperValu Plain Flour
1 - SuperValu Signature Tastes ClemenGold Clementine
65 g Unsalted Butter
plus extra for greasing
1. Melt the butter in a small pan and continue to heat until the solids just start to brown.
2. Sift the icing sugar, flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl, then stir in the ground almonds. Add the egg whites and whisk for 1 minute, then add the clementine zest. Pour in the browned butter through a fine mesh sieve and whisk for a further minute. Chill the batter in the fridge for 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 165°C/gas mark 3. Grease a mini muffin tray and set it on a baking tray.
4. Place 1 teaspoon of the batter into each mini muffin cup and top with a pinch of the chopped ginger. Bake in the oven for
10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown.
5. Remove from the oven and leave the baked financiers in their moulds for 1 to 2 minutes before turning out onto a
wire rack to finish cooling. Once cool, brush with a little of the syrup from the preserved ginger and add a few sprinkles.
Did you know?
Financiers were traditionally baked in oblong copper moulds,
so they looked like small gold bars, which gave this treat its name.